Monday, January 24, 2011

Shit Koreans Say ... about Canadians.

"You can't be cold you are from Canada."

"All Canadians love the cold."

I have heard many variations of those comments when in Korea. Hilda always got bent out of shape when Koreans would say that to her. Koreans seem to have the simplistic idea that because Canada is cold at times Canadians must love the cold or not be bothered by it. Using that type of "logic" Arabs must love the heat and not need to wear any protection from the sun.

I love winter weather. I don't get cold as quickly as some people. That doesn't mean I want to prance around in my skivvies when it is -10 out. One of the reasons I like winter weather is that, unlike hot weather, you can always put on another layer of clothing to keep warm. You can only strip down so far without being arrested for indecent exposure when it is hot.


5 comments:

  1. I wonder what that mook who shouted "You are cold! Go Home!" meant.
    Go home to Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odds are he thought we were Americans because every Korean knows Americans are white. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Canadian and I have been freezing in Seoul the past few weeks. Fuck winter. In ANY country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing that bothers me the most about winters in Korea is the lack of insulation and storm windows in any of the buildings. I don't mind be cold when I'm outside-- that's to be expected, but it annoys the shit out of me to go home, turn on the heat or take a shower and have to deal with the breeze coming through the cracks in the windows, the luke warm 'hot' water and hot feet due the floor heating, but a cold upper body due to no insulation or poor windows for 6 months. It's almost impossible to stay warm during this time. I even have to go to work and remain fully clothed with a hat, scarf, gloves and coat because it's so bloody cold in my place of work and even if the thermostat is turned up to 40 degrees Celsius, there's no way that's the actual temperature inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if it isn't deliberate to protect you from fan death? :)

    ReplyDelete