Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shut the fuck up!

Loud people come in all sizes, shapes, and colours. It isn't limited to just Koreans. Today was a prime example of that.

I was meeting Stig for a late lunch at Popeye's. (Popeye's it's the shiznay!) I was early, wish I had been late. The only other people were a couple of foreigners who sat at the other end of the restaurant.

Interesting people. NOT!

She is from Georgia, hasn't been in Korea long. Hates fried chicken. (What the fuck was she doing at Popeye's eating ... fried chicken?) Growing up they ate fried chicken for most meals because her father loved it. They had to stop when her mother developed an illness. Then they switched to boiled chicken. Blah blah blah blah.

He is an American too. He has been in Korea a while. However, the most important thing is that he wants her. You see "we" have been going out all the time for three weeks. What does that mean? He likes to complain about nothing. she got exactly what she ordered and he was actually bitching about the fact she got what she ordered. The mind wobbles. I was actually hoping the clerk would turn up the volume of the K-Pop music to drown these idiots out.

They both like to think the know Korean. I would never say I know Korean well but mine is WAAAAAAY better than the incomprehensible sounds they uttered. Oh and he is teaching her Korean.

You get the idea. Loud and giving me FAR more information than I care to know about them. I usual wait a bit before telling people to shut the fuck up. Stupidly hoping some common sense will kick in and they will tone down. They left just before they hit my threshold

I got to see more of their stupidity in action just before they left. As I went to the counter to order. (Stig showed up for the tale end of these 2 mooks.)

The woman gets to the counter just before me. Looks at the clerk and says to her snarkily "Do you speak Korean? No you don't."

Then the bitch turns to the cook, who happened to be out and says "I want a napkin!" He just looked at her so she repeated "Napkin! Napkin!"

Isn't her Korean wonderful? I never knew the Korean for Napkin was napkin. Thank you loud mouthed bitch for that Korean lesson. Now I don't have to use the English word tissue that 99.99% of the Koreans I have encountered know as napkin.

The cook figured it out and gave her a napkin. Then, thank the powers that be the mooks left.

I hate people like that. Bloody obnoxious assholes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh... my... Don't you love conversations of those loud jerks who think they know it all and that they really are the center of the universe? You should have told them to STFU... they probably needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some say serviette...

    Am enjoying perusing through your blog (spent 6 years in Korea on-off). I went to New Malden recently which is a kind of Korea town in London. My wife told me of 6 restaurants there that get K-workers to post a 2 month salary deposit just to have a fucking part-time job! As one may imagine they get shafted on that and the restaurants move on to the next poor sucker in a new land.

    I think I know now why Korean Vietnam Vet Pops drives around with a 6-iron in his boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serviette! Yes. :) My mother usually uses serviette.

    Sounds like they are fleecing the employees. Which sounds like Korea.

    Thanks for the kind words. I hope you keep enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete